…My 5 year college reunion starts today!
It is utterly crazy to think that it has been FIVE YEARS since we graduated. What on earth has happened since we last were all together on Founders Green, listening to Tommy T and clutching our diplomas in our sweating palms? You guessed it, it’s list time!
- Graduate May 2004. No job. No plans. No money.
- Decide to get off my butt and do something! Think about signing up for an outdoor adventure but am too worried about where and how I will pee outdoors to actually take the plunge.
- Drive up to Martha’s Vineyard and enter into the murky world of the professional nanny. Decide I do not want kids anytime soon.
- Return to Philly. It is hot. I am bored. I have no job and no life.
- Start looking for jobs. What happened to the year off? Visions of fun have vanished down the drain. Reality sets in. I interview a few times but no one is hiring.
- November 2004– I get a job! It is great! It pays a lot!
- My future boss is a ‘transgendered’ cross-dressing (wo)man. Hmm.
- Move to RI. Start working. The next year and a half of my life will showcase some of the best and worst moments of my life to date.
- New boss is CRAZY. Violent mood swings, insane rants, daily verbal and emotional abuse become the norm.
- 2006– a new year, a new job, a new city. Hello, Boston.
- 2007-2008. This is a good year. I turn 25, start dating, become the head of a social group, get promoted.
- Fall 2008 it’s time to go back to school. The GMATs nearly kill me, and the 6 applications I put together for business school are no better. I emerge from the haze of applications six months later, wondering ‘what just happened?’
- Winter 2009 I deposit a huge amount of money, start mentally adjusting to the thought that I will soon be in debt up to my eyeballs, and realize that I am going to be a student once more come August. Ouch.
- Realize that I only have two months more at work. Motivation to actually do work promptly goes down the toilet.
There you have it! I’ll be spending the weekend sunning myself on Founder’s Green and catching up with old friends. What are you up to this weekend?